Sunday, April 29, 2012

Is Life Over?


When Brooklyn was born I thought my life would never be the same. I feared that I would never have fun again (I know, dramatic, much?!) and would have to give up much of my Cody/Wendy time. Before we had her the two of us did everything together (travel, Harley rides, dinners out, skiing, etc) and I really was a little (understatement) selfish about my time with him. 

Well, the first few months were difficult but with the help of my wonderful husband, and encouragement from friends and family,  we started going places....gradually. We finally ventured out to restaurants (mostly the Olive Garden!), friends' homes and eventually did our first road trip to Butte, MT, over Super Bowl weekend. Once we started, we couldn't stop! I finally felt normal again and began to "get" this parenthood thing and how to balance it all. You can actually have a normal life after a baby? Wow!

I am fortunate enough to be able to stay home with B and so we travel with Cody during some of his work trips. We have gone with him to southern California, Billings, MT and have incorporated family stops into our travels as well. We have seen Jeff in Vegas and my parents in Butte. I have to say, I couldn't ask for more. Here are some pics from Butte, California and Vegas.



 First time dipping her toes in the ocean at Manhattan Beach
 Proud Papa Sid in his office at Northwestern Energy in Butte
Grandma P in her Easter Wonderland with Little B
Cody and B in Huntington Beach
Uncle Jeff with B at the Springhill Suites Pool in Vegas
Mucho has the BEST happy hour in Manhattan Beach (if you ask us). They have specials on beer, wine and appetizers. The bbq shrimp tacos are RIDICULOUS!They were so kind and even let us park our stroller by the hostess stand. Needless to say we went there twice.
 See? You can even go to happy hours with a baby! Ha! http://www.muchomb.com/


The best advice I can offer to new parents is to get out as soon as you feel comfortable and do the things you did before. If the baby cries, it's ok! It won't be perfect but you'll feel like you're living your lives and not stopping for the baby. That is exactly what you'll need!

XOXO

Wendy 

No comments:

Post a Comment