Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer Favorites!

I'm back from my girls trip and finally recovered...I think. It was incredible! Now that things are back to normal, I thought I'd share some of my summer must haves. Take them or leave them--they're just what I'm really into at the moment. Enjoy!




1. "Rock Your Hair" Hairspray (Marshall's-$9.99)-I LOVE this can of hairspray. Mostly, I love the look of the can! It works well and is light, but honestly, it's more about the packaging. Just being honest.

2. L'Oreal Sublime Bronze *Gelee* (Walgreens $10ish)-My very favorite self-tanning product. It looks so natural and is easy to apply. While I was pregnant, I used it a TON to help my self esteem :) I often use it after I've done my airbrush tan at home to blend in my streaks. I have lots of practice to do with my little at-home airbrusher, but that topic is for another day!

3. Old Navy Water Bottle ($8)-It is super cute and the lid pops up and reveals a rubber straw that just folds over once the lid is closed. I carry it with me everywhere. I like how stylish it is and that I don't have to keep buying individual water bottles. Look at how environmentally aware I've become!

4. Shea Moisture, Raw Shea Butter Lotion (Target-$10)-It smells delish and is really softening. It brings such a different smell that lasts. I also snagged the body wash.

5. Sally Hansen "Complete Care" Base and Top Coat ($5 or so)-This product has been in my little nail polish bag for years. I have tried a variety of others and this is the little nugget that seems to work the best. The true test is happening now-I just used some cheap nailpolish (NYK-$1.73 at Target) with this base and top coat. I'll let you know how long it lasts.

6. Leather Wrap Bracelet-Nordstrom's sells these little cats for around $12. Bracelets are my top accessory of the moment and they need to be sturdy so B can't break them but can mess around with them. I am rarely caught without this guy.

7. "W" Necklace-This is straight from Billings, MT. You NEVER see a "W" on necklaces. I guess it is a weird letter? I saw this while shopping with my MIL and picked it up and put it down about 41 times before I decided it was a must have. (I'm trying not to spend as much...) No regrets about this sweet purchase. I've worn it just about every day.

8. Weleda Rosemary Hair Oil (Target $14)-Truth be told, I've only tried this once and it was yesterday. It was nestled in by the Shea Butter lotion I spoke of above and looked intriguing. It smells so fresh and reminds me of the Aveda products. It softened my ends with only a few drops. You can also use it as a deep conditioner when you have the time. That will be my next experiment.

9. Garnier BB Cream (Walmart $10)-BB cream is taking over the skincare market. If you haven't heard of it yet, you will. This one is inexpensive but excellent. It has SPF 15 and moisturizes and evens your skin tone with the non-dense color (I can't think of a better way to describe this. Ha!). I love it for the summer because most of the time I am not interested in doing full make up. Try this!

Let me know what you think of this list and of any faves YOU have! I'd love to hear your comments!

XOXO

Wendy

3 comments:

  1. I just started using BB cream, and I love it. I bought Revlon or something like that, and it seems to work great.

    I will have to try that Bronze Gelee, and I need to hear more about this self tanning thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Gelee is way better than the lotion. Ha ha! I'll have to fill you in on my little airbrush tanner. It was an impulse buy after I saw it on the Today Show!

      Delete
  2. BUGGS - I'm obsessed w/ the Garnier BB too; I can't believe how good it works!! We prob look like 21 year olds, right? Lol! Love the list, and will be trying many of the products you've listed.

    Hmm, I can recommend Revlon 'Just Bitten' lip stain/moisturizers. The colors are awesome, and they stain your lips for an entire day w/out drying them out. Don't be scared, b/c they are a little bright, but, I think they are fantastic in person. I think they're $7.49 a piece at WalMart.

    ReplyDelete